Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!!

Wow! Hard to believe that it’s 2010…where does the time go? We had a rough year in 2009 but also had many many blessings. I am so grateful to have a loving family and to get to do what I am passionate about every single day! I’m not big on resolutions, but I one thing I want to do is try to blog more. I love to read other people’s blogs so hopefully one or two people like to read mine. I still have tons of client sessions to share and hope to get those caught up relatively quickly. In the meantime, I thought I’d share how we rang in the New Year. Brace yourself…it was pretty lively :)

Last night, Brian, Anthony and I went over to my Mom and Dad’s house  to have dinner with them and Diana (my sis), Ed (her hubby)and the kids (Lillian and Edwin). We feasted on the most glorious meal – thick, juicy steaks with mushrooms and onions….a yummy salad…fresh bread…baked potatoes and cookies and pie for dessert. Mmmmmmmmmm…so good. After dinner we spent lots of time laughing at the kiddos. They keep us entertained for sure. One of the other things I want to do more of in the coming year is take more pictures for myself. I get so caught up in taking pics/capturing memories for other families..I tend to forget my own!! So I broke out the camera and what happened? Edwin and Anthony started playing the game…"Don’t let Katie/Mommy take my picture!!” They ran all over the place….

New_Years-10

New_Years-12

New_Years-9

template_1

After a little while, I got them to look at the camera and smile…well, at least Edwin did… (notice the brownie mouth!)

New_Years-17

And then because nothing says Happy New Year like a 2 year old “beating up” a 6 year old…..Edwin pounced all over Anthony like usual. It’s pretty funny to watch. Note: no children were harmed in the making of these photos….:)

boys fighting

Finally, to add to the craziness we brought our new Wii console and games over. I get teased on facebook because most of my statuses since Christmas have said something about playing the Wii in them..but it is so darn fun. I think my current favorite is Mario Kart…it’s addicting!! I keep saying “Ok last race and then I’m going to bed…. (or whatever else I’m supposed to do)” and then I find myself hitting “Next Race.” Anthony loves it because he and I are usually playing together and then he gets to stay up later too!

The first game we got out last night was boxing. We laughed so hard. Ed started it out against Anthony….on other days, Anthony had beat me, Brian and Diana….but Uncle Ed was a bit too much for him! Uncle Ed won!

New_Years-34 New_Years-36 New_Years-35 New_Years-40 New_Years-37

Diana recorded the action which should be pretty hilarious. Then she turned the camera on me….what was she thinking? haha….so I took a pic of her taking a picture..yes, I’m a dork!

New_Years-47Uncle Brian and Edwin watched the action closely… Look at Edwin’s red cheeks – he was so sweaty from all of the running around!

New_Years-41 

The next match….Ed & Brian…I’ll let the pics tell you who won!

ed and brian

And then Pappy had to get in on the action…. he did really good and almost beat Ed…but Ed prevailed…

New_Years-65

New_Years-79

New_Years-66 New_Years-81Diana and I played the last round of boxing, but I hid the camera…..I didn’t want proof of me losing to my little sister!! haha

Just a few more pics of the cute boys….I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family. We missed my brother and sister in law, but this is their year to come at Thanksgiving instead of Christmas (from Minnesota)…so we saw them about a month ago….but it never feels “complete” without them. 

the boys

Happy New Year!

No comments: