Sunday, January 3, 2010

A Change of Scenery…

I spend a lot of time in my office. We’re talking about 2/3 of my waking hours.  Over the past 6 months I’ve been blessed to be able to make some changes to my cozy little space. First…back in July I desperately needed to get rid of the yellow….so we painted it a pretty blue. Then about 2 months ago, my business was doing so well (thank you very much) that I was able to purchase a new computer. It was needed desperately. It has allowed my productivity to soar through the roof! I didn’t realize how bad it was until I got the new one. Then this weekend….I felt the need to upgrade my desk when my husband pointed out that mine was literally falling apart. I had had it since high school. It moved across the country with me and then probably through at least 10 more moves within NC/SC. At one point it even fell out of the back of a pick up truck (during one of the moves)..lol. So we got me some new furniture yesterday! We worked hard to get it all put the desk together (yes, I helped for 5+ hours) and at almost midnight last night, my geek squad (aka Brian) hooked up all my stuff….except there was one problem. My monitor was dead. Whaaaaat??  We tried it on numerous computers (there are many in our house..haha)…and it didn’t work on any. Well, crap. So this a.m. I became the proud owner of a new 23” widescreen LCD monitor that I loooooove. Soooo….just thought I’d share a couple before/after pics.

I can’t believe I’m even going to show this before picture… it’s awful..lol

before pic-1

And now…..

office-1

I actually have room to spare….the bookcase still has 2 shelves that are empty…. and the top of my desk has room for framed pics or some other kinda cutesy items. Unbelievable.. 

Thank you to my wonderful hubby for putting up with me and all my spontaneous projects :)

Back to school and work tomorrow for the Mathews household….I’m kinda glad.

3 comments:

Amanda Dengler said...

awesome!!! that is so great!! congratulations on the updated work space.

AND i accidentally clicked funny on one of your images when i was scrolling and a sweet "HEY, DON'T STEAL MY STUFF!!" message (or something like that) popped up. how did you do that?

emily said...

glad to hear business is going good for you, please take it as a sign of how truly gifted you are as a photographer!!

Jenny | The Balow Bunch said...

I love the new office space! It's gorgeous!