Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Baby It’s Cold Outside…

Most of you probably know, I grew up in Northern Minnesota. When they show the coldest place in the country usually it’s in International Falls, MN. I lived about 2 hours from there at the tip of Lake Superior (in Duluth)…where it’s super duper cold. When I was 21 (I think) we took a family cruise to the Bahamas. What?? There are places that are warm? With no snow? Who knew?!? So when I graduated from college a year later I got my happy butt down to the beach here in Wilmington. That was 12 years ago. Well after 12 years, I have become a complete wuss about cold, so this windchill in the teens and twenties here is way too cold for me – we’ve been staying inside bundled up as much as possible!! Hopefully it’ll warm up soon….

So anyway…here’s some images to warm you up….sweet baby Henry was born back in August….such a cutie pie….he stayed awake almost the entire session. I guess he didn’t want to miss anything!

holleman-1 holleman-2 holleman-3

These next 2 are some of my favorites because of the family memories associated with it. I hope I remember this right now that it’s been so long, but this blanket was made by Audra’s (the Mommy) grandmother when she was a baby. So when she brought it out for the session I was so excited.

holleman-4 sleepingholleman-5 holleman-6  holleman-7 holleman-8

Fast forward about 4 months and I did some pics for this sweet family again and this time we added Audra’s sister and her husband. Unfortunately it was the coldest day of the year (until now!) so it was pretty chilly especially out on the beach. But they were all troopers, especially little Henry!

Holleman-2Holleman-4

Holleman-7Holleman-9

3 spaces

Holleman-12   

Holleman-31

Holleman-17 Holleman-33

I love these 2 pics since my sis and I are so close…you could tell these two had a special relationship too! sisters Holleman-34

No comments: