Friday, January 22, 2010

Brandi + Tony = Looooove

Have you ever met somebody that you just hit it off with right away? That’s what happened with Brandi and I, although I didn’t actually meet her until about 6 weeks later. Back in December, Brandi sent me an email asking me about doing a homecoming session for her and her boyfriend because I volunteer for an organization called “Operation Love Reunited.” (I’ve mentioned it before). Well I wasn’t going to be able to do the homecoming session, but I told her that I’d be happy to do a session here in Wilmington for them in January. So over the next couple of weeks, she and I emailed and chatted on Facebook (a lot!) We couldn’t wait to meet! We got together last Friday for a fantastic photo session which I can’t wait to share with you, but first let me give you some background on how Brandi and Tony met.

Brandi is a flight attendant. Tony is a marine. Last January, Brandi was working on a flight that was dropping some Marines off in Kuwait and long story short…Brandi and Tony met and exchanged email addresses…as he was getting off the plane! They corresponded for months and in late August, he came home for his 2 week R&R and he spent the whole time with her. They are now in loooove and so cute!

It was only appropriate that for their photo session, Brandi wore her flight attendant uniform and Tony wore his Dress Blues.

brandi_tony-13

I made sure to take pics of each of them individually, since Tony is in NC and Brandi splits her time between Texas (her home) and Minnesota (where she flys out of) and around the world. That way they will each have some pics of their honey to stare at..haha.

1brandi_tony-252 brandi_tony-10brandi_tony-24brandi_tony-28brandi_tony-37

This next picture was Tony’s idea…I love it!

brandi_tony-38

After our time downtown, we went back to their hotel for them to change clothes and then we headed over to Mayfaire.

brandi_tony-41 4 brandi_tony-61 brandi_tony-45 3  So Brandi love love loves to read and there’s a story about a certain book that she sent to Tony in Iraq that he started reading and didn’t realize it was a girly book (OK, it was Twilight..haha)..I thought it would be cute to take a couple of pics incorporating that book, so we went to Barnes and Noble. And promptly got kicked out. They said we couldn’t take pics in there, so we had to settle for pics outside of the store..haha. It wouldn’t have been so bad except the young woman who kicked us out was kinda rude and demeaning, but whatever.brandi_tony-53 brandi_tony-4 brandi_tony-59brandi_tony-55

Brandi and Tony.. I had so much fun with you and can’t wait to see you again. I wish you both much love and happiness. And of course, Tony, thank you for your service to our country!

If you want to see more pics from their session, I made a little slideshow here.

Have a great weekend everyone!!

6 comments:

Brandi said...

Kaaaatie I LOOOVE all the photos. The black and white when we are sitting on the ground is pretty much the best thing ever! Thank you for being just amazing and sweet, and so happy to have made a friend in you.

: D

concreteangel16 said...

Absolutely amazing! You are a great photographer and the pics are just incredible. (It doesn't hurt that Brandi and Tony are two of the greatest people ever.) I love Brandi with all my heart and have since the day I met here. The pictures did her justice...I can't put in words how wonderful they are. I'm crying at this very moment. Thank you for what you did for them. Kristen B.

Jenny | The Balow Bunch said...

I'm so glad you shared more pics from this session. They are all so amazing!

Joy Orcutt Photography Contact Joy: 763-222-5332 said...

Cute photos Katie!! What a great opportunity!
joy

Diana said...

HOTTIES!!! They both look so great in their uniforms!! What an amazing story of how they met..Love these pics!!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.