Thursday, March 12, 2009

In Case You Missed It....

In case you didn't get my newsletter yesterday, I thought I'd go over some of the main highlights...

Anniversary Special
March 2009 marks the one year anniversary of Katie Mathews Photography!  In honor of this momentous occasion, I am offering a ONE TIME ONLY special.
For clients that had a session completed between Feb 2008 and September 2008, you have the opportunity to purchase a DVD of your full-resolution images (with personal re-print rights for non-commercial usage) for only $100!!! 
*Future clients, don't hold off ordering your prints because this offer is unlikely to happen again!*
For clients that had a session from October 2008 through February 2009:  Place your order by the end of March, and for every $50 you spend you will receive an additional $10 worth of prints (of your choice).

For my future clients (can be a repeat client), book a session by the end of March (session can be in March or April) and receive 10% off print prices and for every $75 you spend, you will receive a custom 5x10" storyboard with 3 images of your choice! 

Here's a sample storyboard... they are mounted on matboard so you can just get a little easel at the craft store and put it on a desk or a shelf...super cute...

resized for constant contact

Girlfriend Session CONTEST
Enter by March 22nd!

A true friend is one who thinks you are a good egg even if you are half-cracked.  ~Author Unknown
I need a set of girlfriends!  Coming soon, I will be offering "Girlfriend Sessions" and in order for me to explain exactly what they are, I need some models.  I'm looking for a group that is adventurous and up for an afternoon of fun!
So gather three (or more) of your best girlfriends--they could be high school friends, sorority sisters, relatives, co-workers, women's Bible study--your choice! 
To enter, submit a short essay (500 words or less) explaining why you want to win the contest.  Maybe you have a funny story to share, maybe just a great memory that makes you smile - just make it interesting!  Submit your essay by March 22nd and my blog readers will have three days to vote on their favorite.  The winners will be announced by March 26th.
The winning girlfriends will receive a free "Girlfriend Session," plus an 8x10 image for each participant.  The only catch is I retain the rights to use the photos for marketing and advertising purposes.
Put on your thinking caps and make sure to enter by March 22nd.  (If nobody enters, I'm going to feel horrible, so don't leave me hanging!!)

I've already gotten some entries and I'm super excited for this contest and to do the winning session!! We will have so much fun; so I highly encourage entering if you haven't!!

Spring/Easter Mini Sessions

Dress up the kids and bring them to my Spring/Easter mini sessions. I will have a colored backdrop and appropriate props, as well as a big yard to capture some "playful" pictures. This one is intended for the kids only, but Mom and Dad are more than welcome to jump in for 1 or 2.

When: Saturday, March 21st (9:30am-1:30pm) and Tuesday, March 24th (5-7pm)

Where: 216 Woodland Drive (near Cape Fear Hospital)

What to Wear:  Dress them up a little bit or let them wear something that shows their personality - it's up to you. Try to stay away from crazy, wild prints; hats are always welcome!!

Session Includes:
Photographer's time and talent
10-15 proofs in an online password protected gallery
15 minute photo session
2 5x7s and 1 sheet of wallets
*Get a friend to book one of these sessions and you will each receive an additional 5x7

Cost: $50

To schedule: Call 297-5378 or Email: katie@katiemathewsphotography.com

Ooh La La!

Ok people, I need your help here.  This is something that I've wanted to do for a long time now, but I have to know if the interest is out there for "Ooh La La" sessions.  Essentially this would be boudoir photography that's less Maxim and more Marilyn.
I would book a private location (most likely a fancy-schmancy hotel suite), bring in professional hair and makeup, and make you feel like a star!   This session can be whatever you want.  Perhaps pictures for your hubby's eyes only? (or future hubby?)  Or do you just want some pictures of you in something other than mommy-gear? Maybe you've always wanted to glam it up a bit and just didn't have a reason. 
If this is something that sounds intriguing, I'd love to hear from you.  I promise, your opinion won't bind you to a contract or anything, I just need to know if I should start planning.  My hope is to do this in late spring/early summer.  Shoot me an email or give me a call and let me know your thoughts!

Birthday Coverage 

BDAY CUPCAKE

Tired of missing the fun of your kids' milestones because you're worried about snapping pictures?  Well Katie Mathews Photography is now available to shoot your child's birthday party or other special event!!  Basic coverage, including 2 hours of shooting and an album of all images, begins at just $250.  Email for more details.

KMP Updates

Facebook: KMP is on facebook. Click here to become a fan of our page!

Facelift: We're working on re-doing the blog, website and some other exciting things. Stay tuned - we will be doing some giveaways and contests when we unveil the new stuff!

Minnesota Photo Sessions: I have several family and friends (and their friends) in Minnesota that have expressed interest in me doing a (mini) photo session for them the next time I'm there. So I'm looking at traveling July 25th-August 2nd. If you are interested in a MN session, please contact me ASAP. If I don't get enough interest, I may not do them (or I may change dates). Once I get enough serious interest, I'll schedule/finalize the sessions and book my tickets.

KMP WeddingsBDAY CUPCAKE

FYI: 2009 wedding pricing is now available. Email me for a full price list and to schedule a bridal consultation.

 

 

Ok so I guess I included almost everything here, so if you did see it and you want to see something new...then check out this sneak peek for Emery's newborn session....such a doll baby....

emery_home-5

No comments: