Thursday, October 23, 2008

Happy Birthday to Mom!

Yesterday was my Mom's birthday, so as is our family custom, we had dinner together. My sister, Diana and her husband, Ed have a financial class that they go to every Wednesday night, so Mom & Dad keep Edwin (my nephew). Dinner was short and sweet but it was fun and Mom loved it.

I hadn't taken many pictures of Edwin lately, so I sorta went overboard..haha.

A birthday kiss for Grandma when we first got there.....

mom_bday_1

bass-2

bass-3

After a yummy dinner of barbequed beef sandwiches on the yummiest rolls ever...potato salad...green beans....it was time for cake! Anthony picked out the cake - an ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins. He was so excited to get Grandma a halloween cake "cuz it's almost Halloween and it's her birthday!"

bass-4

bass-5 mom-bday-10

Edwin enjoyed his cake....

bass-6

While we were having cake, Grandma opened her presents. Over the past year, she has lost a lot of weight (go Grandma!) so we all got her gift certificates to Kohls so she can go shopping. I also got her a 16x20 wall print of my brother and sister in law. Once I get a good pic of my little family and my sister's, she'll get those large prints too for the living room wall. There were some major traffic problems in Wilmington yesterday (worse than normal), so my sister wasn't able to get to Kohls before dinner.....

mom-bday-11

After dinner, the boys danced in the kitchen....we all watched, laughed and I of course took more pics before we called it an early night. Diana & Ed left for class, Edwin got a bath from Grandma and we headed home to do homework.....

bass-7 bass-8 bass-10

Then, Edwin got a hold of my cell phone. I let him play with it for a little while, but when I took it away he was less than thrilled. I hadn't heard him cry like that in a looong time (he's usually the happiest baby ever!) What a mean ole auntie I am!

bass-9 mom-bday-12

I hope you had a great birthday Mom! I love you!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy you took pictures of my baby!!! What an adorable child (ok, I'm biased). We had lots of fun last night, and I'm glad you finally figured out how to take pics at mom & dad's house :)

Happy Birthday mom!

Jenny | The Balow Bunch said...

Happy Birthday, Mom Balow! Looks like you had a great birthday. We wish we could have been there to help you celebrate (and eat some of that cake too!)

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Mary - sorry I'm a day late! What beautiful grandsons you have!

Love you all!