Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Sims Family

First things first.... what's going on with me and my health? I've had numerous people send me emails and facebook messages as well as make phone calls to let me know they are praying for me and wanting to know what is going on now. So here it is. If you haven't read the last couple blog posts...read that and then come back and read this...

Surgery was supposed to be today pending negative lab work yesterday. Well I've still been really sick and knew that there was no way my urinalysis would come back clear. Sure enough, I got a call from the doc office yesterday afternoon (after I called them a couple of times!) to let me know that my infection has gotten "significantly worse." Well duh! Of course it has...it's been 11 days and the antibiotics didn't work so it's just getting worse. So now I wait to hear from them either tomorrow or Thursday to let me know what antibiotic I will have to take to hopefully clear this up. (They are doing a culture now and have to wait for that to come back.) In the meantime, I have to just keep feeling like doo-doo and it'll most likely continue to get worse until they get me treated w/the right meds. Then it'll be at least 10 days until they can do surgery. So I don't know what I'm going to do. I've got sessions scheduled in June that I don't want to cancel because a lot of them are coming from out of town.... plus Anthony's spring concert is on the 28th of May and his kindergarten graduation is on the 4th of June...so I refuse to miss either of those. Then Anthony has swimming lessons for 2 weeks straight at the middle/end of June....so really...there's never a good time for surgery. So this is all messed up basically!  In addition, we found out that my only living grandmother had a massive heart attack and has over 90% blockage in her heart. There's nothing much they can do other than give her meds because anything else is too risky. And the hard part is that she is in Minnesota and I/We are obviously in NC. So there ya go. Things here are a bit chaotic, but I'm trying to stay positive...so please pray for me, my grandma and our family as we deal with all of this.

Sooo..on a happy note....I wanted to share a family session I did last month. The flowers at the park were so pretty.....and little Carrington has gotten so big. Back in the fall, I did their maternity session...then in late November, I did their newborn session and now Carrington is 5 months (well 6 months by now, but 5 in these pics :)).

carrington-2 carrington-3 carrington-6 carrington-7 carrington-9 carrington-10 carrington-14 carrington-20 carrington-16 carrington-19 carrington-17 carrington-23 carrington-24 carrington-26 carrington-32 carrington-29 carrington-35

3 comments:

Diana said...

Awww...she's such a doll baby!! I love the monogramed diaper cover :) It's also fun to see the progression from belly pics to newborn to 5 months. I can't wait for you to do the same for your new neice/nephew!!

Mom2Drew said...

Oh Katie--I will be praying for you. So much going on right now. Keep us posted.

Adorable little cutie. When I first saw her face, I was instantly transported to my own baby pictures. I love the cute little bald head!!!

Jenny | The Balow Bunch said...

I love her closed lip smile. It's so adorable!