Friday, May 15, 2009

Welcome Home Evan!

I love my job! Have I said that lately?? I have mentioned before that I volunteer for an organization called Operation Love Reunited. Photographers around the country volunteer their time to photograph families when a member is either deploying or returning from deployment. I had the absolute pleasure and privilege to photograph the return of Evan Landers to his family. He was in Iraq for the past 7 months and he returned home to meet his son!!! Little baby boy Cam was born about a month and a half after his Daddy left for Iraq. It was soooooooooo amazing to be there and witness Daddy meeting his son for the first time. So, I have put together this slide show to share the images with all of you. OMG - get out the tissues...I get goose bumps watching it.

I'm going to start putting together a slide show for the majority of my sessions from now on (yay!) and you'll have the opportunity to share them with your friends and family online.

Here's a couple of still shots and then click here for the slide show. Put on your headphones (there is music) and get out the tissues!

On a personal note...my surgery has been rescheduled for Tuesday, May 19th pending negative lab work on Monday. More info to come on that...but I got the doc office to admit it was their fault that this got all screwed up! Oh and one other thing...my parents are moving so we are having a moving/yard sale with them this weekend at our house.... tomorrow from 7-12pm. Email me if you want our address to stop by!

landers-059 landers-071 landers-104

Thank you Evan (and your family) for your service to our country! Enjoy that sweet baby boy!!

5 comments:

Diana said...

It doesn't matter how many times I see these pictures, I still tear up. If that soldier and his wife are reading these comments, please know how grateful I am for the sacrifice you have all made for our country. You are amazing!!!!

Jenny | The Balow Bunch said...

How awesome it is that you got to capture such a happy day in that family's life. Those are great photos.

Thanks Evan and family for protecting our freedom and the sacrifices you've made!

Misty said...

Ok, I cried!!! Beautiful reunion

Ev, Britt, & Cam said...

We absolutely loved the pictures and slideshow!! I don't know how my husband didn't cry...the Marines have made him tough, but I swear he teared up a bit! Thanks for all the nice messages. It's nice to hear people thank him and be appreciative for what he does! Makes me- and Cameron- so proud! :)

Anonymous said...

Katie-- What an awesome slideshow. I cried buckets!!

Evan and family-- thank you for your service and sacrifices on our behalf!!

Sheila Phifer