Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Doctors offices suck! Well, some do...

Since I'm pretty much an open book, I wanted to share with you all the continuing saga in my journey to reduce/eliminate my chronic pain. So I was supposed to have surgery tomorrow morning at 7:15am. I have been a nervous wreck all day but had finally settled down and was just ready to get it done with. I've been working like a mad woman trying to get everything in order before being down for the count for a week and then just taking it easy for 3-4 weeks. Soooooooooo.... imagine my disappointment when I get a phone call at 5 to 5 this afternoon and it's the doctor's office telling me they have to CANCEL surgery!!! WHAAAAAT?!?!?!?  Long story short.... somebody dropped the ball and let me run around with a kidney infection for the past week! They did a routine urinalysis and blood work a week ago in preparation for my surgery and supposedly my doctor's office just got the results at 4:45 today. Um yea....I don't think so. I know from previous experience that it takes all of 30 seconds to diagnose this. That explains why I haven't been able to eat a full meal since Friday and why I've felt like absolute doo doo.  Sooo, I'm now on antibiotics for the next 5 days and tomorrow they are supposed to call me to reschedule my surgery. They said they will get me in as soon as possible. Yea sure....we'll see about that. (Yes, I'm cranky...)

I just want to thank all of you for your prayers and support. I've had so many nice emails and comments.....I feel so loved :) So I'll keep you posted on everything and you keep praying for me? k? k!

So for my clients...I have good news and bad news. The good news is...if you are still waiting on your proofs...there's a good chance I'll get them finished before my surgery. This is definitely good because earlier today (before I got the call from the doc) I was freaking out about how/when I was going to get them finished because I really wanted to get them done before going under the knife.  The bad news.... if you have a session scheduled the first or second week of June...I may have to reschedule. I'm sorry...blame the idiot who didn't get my lab work to the right person. I'll be in touch...

Ok, so since a post isn't any good without a picture...here's a couple from last night. This was a re-shoot....the kids were grumpy last time..haha. I'll explain more later when I do the whole blog post for this family. But I just love these..the light was so yummy and the kids are pretty cute too!

scott_kids-1 copy  scott_kids-2 copy

1 comment:

Misty Scott said...

Oh Katie!!! What a sweet surprise to see my babies on here! I really do hope things get better for you very soon! Hang in there!!