Friday, July 25, 2008

The Henderson Family

A few weeks ago, I headed down to Fort Fisher to photograph the Henderson Family.  This one might get a little complicated, so let me break it down for you:

  1. Carie Beth (the mom) and Diana (my sister) used to work together
  2. They go to the same church - Port City Community Church
  3. A few months ago, PC3 asked for volunteers to host children from Belarus
  4. Carie Beth felt called to do this (her hubby too)
  5. Nine-year-old Vladik arrived from Belarus on June 11th to stay for 6 weeks
  6. Why do these children come to the US?  Belarus is still affected by the Chernobyl disaster.  Just getting them out of their country for six weeks greatly affects the rest of their lives!

I had already been planning to do pictures for their family this summer and it worked out perfectly that Vladik was here too.  Our session was a little crazy, what with a tired two-year old, a soaking wet dog, and a nine-year old that couldn't get enough of the ocean.  But it was so much fun!!  Diana came along and had a blast chasing Jackson down the beach while I got pictures of Mom & Dad alone (Mitchell proposed to Carie Beth here).  At the time of the session, there were only two more weeks until Vladik had to go home, and Carie Beth was already sad about having to say goodbye.  But she sent him home with plenty of pictures to share with his family in Belarus.  Thank you for allowing me to photograph such a special time in your lives!

henderson-1 henderson-6 henderson-11 henderson-23 henderson-26 henderson-30 henderson-31 henderson-39 henderson-43 henderson-44

3 comments:

Jenny | The Balow Bunch said...

Oh, I am so glad you got practice taking pics of dogs before you visit us!

These are so great! It's hard to choose a favorite. I think I like the one of their backs while they walk down the beach holdings hands. As I've said before, I love when you get the reflection from the water.

Then the one of the boy jumping! That one is awesome!

Gigi said...

Okay, Jenny stole too many! I love the one of him jumping out of the water- so boy like!!

Kelly S. said...

I love the wash on seven, what a cute couple! and 8 is my favorite, love the reflection, great shot.