Monday, July 7, 2008

The Griggs Family

I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July weekend! I took the weekend off  - it's been months since I've had a whole weekend off and a long weekend at that. It was wonderful!!!!

Back to work today and I've been plowing through mounds of work. Next up on the blog...the Griggs Family. My friend Katrina has a cousin that lives near Winston Salem, NC and when she saw pics I had done of baby Asher a few months ago, she booked me for her family. Her inlaws have rented the same house at Oak Island for almost 20 years (for a week each summer). Brian got off work a bit early the day of the shoot, so he and Anthony and I left around 4pm and took the ferry to Southport. We had dinner at our favorite restaurant Provisions (right on the water) and then drove to Oak Island for the shoot. Anthony was happy because he got to go in the water!

The Griggs have 4 children....an almost 7 year old girl, an almost 6 year old girl, a 2 year old boy and their newest addition, a 4 month old cutie. They are a gorgeous family and we had a great time - I hated to see it come to an end. I got a little carried away with picking out pics for the blog today, so you'll just have to suffer through a bunch of them!

Thank you Kellie & Sterling for a great session & I really enjoyed talking with you at the end, Kellie! I hope to see you guys next year!

sterling-1 sterling-2

sterling-5

 sterling-4

sterling-3

sterling-6

sterling-7

sterling-9

sterling-10

sterling-11

sterling-15

sterling-12

sterling-14

sterling-13

Finally, anytime I do family pictures, I always tell them to make a funny face on the count of 3. The kids (and parents) love it - it loosens everybody up and makes for some funny/playful images. I love this!

sterling-8

6 comments:

Jenny | The Balow Bunch said...

Great photos! Those are some of the cutest kids!

I'm counting down the days until you take photos of my family!

Anonymous said...

Your redesigned blog looks fantastic! I love the picture of the little blond boy...that is amazing.

Rebekah

Sterling Griggs said...

Great, great work Katie! Kellie is working tonight but she will be so pumped to see them. I can't wait to see the others.

Gigi said...

All of the pictures look so relaxed!

Kelly S. said...

Gorgeous family !
Love your style of photography, looking forward to talking with you and I am excited about you working with us!

Anonymous said...

Great as usual Katie! Very cute family!

hollie