Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Baby Hope

Back around the first of the year, my mother in law introduced me to a blog called, "Journey of Hope." It's about a couple from their church who adopted a baby girl from China. The blog chronicles the time from when they found out they were getting Baby Hope until they brought her home from China, and now everyday life. (Complete with pictures, which I love).

After reading their story, I got a warm and fuzzy feeling - I was so happy for this family and their blessing from God. So I contacted them and asked if I could take some pictures for them. This past Friday was when we were finally able to work out a time to get together. Hope is such a little cutie. She was born in Oct 06 so that makes her about 19 months old. She just recently learned to walk and she was running all over the park. I had a hard time choosing which pics to share here because she was dressed in 3 cute little outfits, including 1 dress that they brought home with her from China.

So enough of my chattiness....here are some pictures of Baby Hope. If you want to read her story, click here.

Also, another reminder that my comment contest is still in progress, so leave me a comment and you might win a $15 Itunes or Starbucks gift card!









6 comments:

Gigi said...

I particularly like her in the grass laughing. Great shots as usual!

You do a great job with soft focus of background objects, I however do not see a lot of close-ups on her face. I have noticed that is not part of your style, and maybe you do not like it, but since you wanted suggestions, and it was hard to think of one, that was what I could think of. :)

Jenny | The Balow Bunch said...

Great photos. It's hard to pick a favorite. The one of the family reading a book is really cute, but so are all of them with just Baby Hope.

It's wonderful that you had an opportunity to take photos of a family with such a great story. I'm sure they'll treasure these photos.

Katie said...

Hey Gigi & Jenny - thanks for the comments.

Gigi - it's funny you said that about the close-ups because I used to feel like I was doing that too much and getting in too close, so I try to do a little of both. I definitely love nice close up/portrait pics. I guess I just haven't chosen those for the blog sneak peeks lately, but they are definitely in the final images that the families have to choose from.

Again, thanks for the comments, I really do appreciate them :)

Gigi said...

I mentioned the close ups, because we have some really cool pics of the boys (that Jody took) where is just their nose and eyes close up, or their little mouths etc. They are cute!

Life Glimpsed: The Denglers said...

ok, no kidding, i think those are my favorite so far. she is BEAUTIFUL.

Anonymous said...

ok so the last pic you have of baby hope is AMAZING... it looks like she's looking in a mirror but i assume its her mom... it's breath-taking and i just love it!!!!!!!!!!!!! ahhh-mazing!

Jana