Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A Hero's Homecoming

I am so blessed to be a part of an organization called Operation Love Reunited. Photographers around the country volunteer their time and talent to photograph the departure of a soldier and his/her family or the homecoming. This past weekend, I was able to capture the memories for a beautiful family. Their son, husband, uncle, and brother got to come home from Iraq for his R&R. He's been in Iraq since April and has to go back until July, but in the meantime they get to spend Christmas together. His wife was so excited to see him that she ran past the security checkpoint and jumped into his arms! His nieces were there dressed up so pretty and waiting patiently. Too cute. My own brother came home for his R&R from Iraq exactly 5 years ago. We were lucky enough for him to come home at Christmastime too and to meet my son for the first time.

So, to Schuyler, my brother, Dave and all the other men and women who are serving or have served this country....THANK YOU & God Bless You!

schlichter-1

schlichter-2

schlichter-3

schlichter-4

schlichter-5 schlichter-6 schlichter-7 schlichter-8 schlichter-9

6 comments:

Jenny | The Balow Bunch said...

Cool photos! Brought me to tears and brings back lots of memories.

Remember when you guys were late picking me up at the airport b/c Dave needed Krispy Kremes? lol. Since it's the same airport -- those pics reminded me of that.

Jenny | The Balow Bunch said...

One more comment.

Thanks for your service, Schuyler! I hope you enjoy your well deserved R&R.

KRISTIE said...

these are just amazing!

Pappy Dave said...

Reminds me of when David was able to come home from Iraq. I can still feel the pride and love I felt for him at the time, and still.
May God bless you Schuyler, and your friends and family too.

Gigi said...

The fourth picture is really full of emotion...made me tear right up!

Welcome home Schuyler, thank you for your service!

Anonymous said...

AWESOME! I never would have thought of doing something like this! I hope these ideas are contagious!