Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Daugherty Family

In November, I had a session scheduled with this family for holiday (card) pictures. They live down in Supply, so I met them at their house and then we went to Holden Beach. It was one of the first chilly days and the kids were so not feeling the beach! We tried and tried but it just wasn't happening, so we headed back to their house and finished the session. We should've just done the whole session there because the kids were so much more comfortable in their own environment and I think the pics turned out great! I even got the most wonderful email from the Dad's sister in Chile! She loved them and said the pics brought tears to her eyes. Yea! Well, I don't like for people to cry, but if it's because they like the pics so much and they evoke emotion - then I am thrilled; so thanks Renee for the feedback! Ok onto the pics....

daugherty-3 daugherty-8 daugherty-10 daugherty-9

Once again, I gotta say doing the pictures at their house were so much fun and I highly recommend it for families in the future. Your pictures will definitely be different from anyone elses because they are at your own house - where you spend the most time. I know anytime I look back at pics from when I was young, some of my favorite ones are in our house - it's fun to look at the background and see how things were decorated, and like I said before, kids are so much more themselves at home. Ok anyway...onto more pics....

daugherty-14 daugherty-19 daugherty-16 daugherty-22 daugherty-25 daugherty-27 daugherty-30 daugherty-31 daugherty-35 daugherty-33

2 comments:

Jenny | The Balow Bunch said...

This is a beautiful family! The color in the pics at home seem so warm and vibrant. Love them!

Chicago Wedding Photojournalist said...

lovely soft set of portraits - very natrual Katie - thanks for your friendship on the B school - I'm just now getting out to meet people - should be down Wilmington way in a month or so.