Friday, November 7, 2008

Sherry and Chris: The Wedding

As promised...here is part 2 (of 3) of the blog posts from Sherry and Chris' wedding weekend.

Diana and I arrived at the church a couple of hours before the wedding to do formal pictures. When we got there, Sherry's dad's car was already there.....

sherry_chris_wedding-1

Sherry didn't want many pics of her getting ready, so I immediately jumped in and took a few of Chris by himself, looking handsome!

sherry_chris_wedding-3

sherry_chris_wedding-4

We took pics of Chris and the guys first and then we kicked Chris out and did pics with Sherry and the girls. I did get a couple of "getting ready" pics first...

sherry_chris_wedding-2

sherry_chris_wedding-5

sherry_chris_wedding-6

As mentioned before, I didn't get many getting ready pics, but I just love this one that I grabbed "peeking" through the door while Sherry's girls were helping her fluff her skirt....

sherry_chris_wedding-7

sherry_chris_wedding-8

sherry_chris_wedding-9

sherry_chris_wedding-10

And now for a couple from the actual ceremony....

sherry_chris_wedding-20

sherry_chris_wedding-11

At one point, Sherry looked over to where I was hiding and gave me a big ole grin! That's so Sherry :)

sherry_chris_wedding-12

sherry_chris_wedding-13

sherry_chris_wedding-14

We took a few more "formal" pics after the ceremony...but not many, because we were trying to make sure that Chris and Sherry got to ride in the Packard (Dad's car from above) before it got dark - there were no headlights in the old car!! 

Any time I do a group pic, I try to loosen people up by saying "On the count of 3, I want everyone to make a silly face...." These guys cracked me up with theirs.....they were such a fun wedding party!!

sherry_chris_wedding-16

sherry_chris_wedding-15

We hardly got any formal pics of Sherry and Chris (again, the lights issue and everybody was ready to go party anyway)...but I love these two I got of them in the back of the car before they left....

sherry_chris_wedding-17

sherry_chris_wedding-18

And then it was time for the party......stay tuned for my next post.....but I'll leave you with the sign from the ballroom. Anybody think this should get sent in to Jay Leno?!? haha

sherry_chris_wedding-19

1 comment:

Jenny | The Balow Bunch said...

Great pics! It's so hard to pick a favorite, because they're all of different parts of the day. Sherry and Chris got some beautiful pics to remember their wedding day!