Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Katie, Matt and the Brothers + mini sessions + a new CONTEST!

Wouldn't you know it? My hard drive crashed Sunday night so I couldn't do a blog post yesterday..uggh. Luckily I'm married to my own "geek squad" and he has me back online and he saved all of the data (hooray!) The only thing I lost was a days worth of time working on the computer....something I hate to lose, but it could've been worse.

So, as promised..I'm back with another session to share as well as a contest and the info about my fall mini sessions!! First, let's talk mini sessions. (I'll send out an email later this week so here's your sneak peek so you can book your session early!)

What: Fall Mini Sessions with hay bales and pumpkins. Bring the kids with or without their costumes. If there's time you can have them do a quick change.

Where: My house - in front of my garage (same location as last year) 216 Woodland Dr, Wilmington - near Cape Fear Hospital

When: Saturday, October 10th and Saturday October 17th (9-11am both days). Depending on demand I may open up another date. I will also have limited evening sessions (5-6pm) Monday, Oct 12 and Tues, Oct 13.

Session includes:

  • 15 minute session
  • 10-15 proofs
  • 1 5x7 and 1 sheet of 8 wallets
  • 20% off additional prints
  • A treat for the kids after their session

Cost: Only $30

To see some of the sessions from last fall, click here.

I expect these sessions to go quickly since a lot of people have asked me if I'm doing them again, so call (910-297-5378) or email katie@katiemathewsphotography.com ASAP to reserve your session! I can't wait to see the kids again this year!!

__________________________

And now for info about the contest. Since I haven't blogged much in the last 3 months (for various reasons I've already explained), I really want to start blogging more frequently and if I do that...I need an audience :) I need your help to get my readers back....or some new readers would be nice too. So...for the rest of September when you do one or more of the following things, I will enter you into a contest for a FREE HOLIDAY mini session (different from the fall one I just posted about). The holiday mini sessions usually include a pack of holiday cards as well as a 20 min session at a location around town. It's approximately a $100 value! Soo..here's the deal....

  • Get 1 entry into the drawing for every comment you leave on my blog between now and the end of September (1 comment per post).
  • Get 1 entry into the blog for becoming my facebook friend (search for Katie Balow Mathews). If you are already my FB friend, post a message on my wall.
  • Get 3 entries for putting the KMP blog on your Google Reader or other similar RSS feed. (Leave a comment here if you did it or it's already on there).
  • Get 3 entries for writing a blog post (if you have one) about Katie Mathews Photography and direct them here to see my work. (Leave a comment here if you did it).
  • Get 3 entries for posting about Katie Mathews Photography on your facebook status (for at least a few hours) and direct them here to see my work.  (Leave a comment here if you did it).

And that's it... I will announce the winner on October 1st! Thanks for your help :)

_________________________

Finally...here's another session I did back in April. Katie and her hubby Matt both have 2 brothers. So all 6 of us got together and did a shoot at Greenfield Lake and Downtown. They did this for Mother's Day and birthday presents for the parents - great idea!! And we had a lot of fun :)

Here are Matt and Katie...aren't they cute?

katie_fam-1

Here's Matt and his twin brothers...I admit...I am bad with names...but I do remember these guys were a trip...

katie_fam-4

his siblings

And then Katie and her brothers....also really nice guys...

katie_fam-5

her siblings

katie_fam-16

katie_fam-19

After a quick change of clothes..we headed downtown...

katie_fam-21

katie_fam-27 katie_fam-40 katie_fam-43another edit katie_fam-44 katie_fam-51 katie_fam-46 katie_fam-47 katie_fam-52

7 comments:

Carlie said...

Aww LOVE THEM! Kirk and Kyle look adorable as always! And I love the ones of Katie, Tyler and Riley!

Katie said...

Well there ya go...there are their names..lol..thanks Carlie!

KAS said...

Love your pictures. Especially the one on lined up on the stairs!

Britt Baker said...

Check out my facebook page girlie ; ) I just hope that I spelled everything right or the spelling bee champ may have to call me out ; )

Julie said...

Your picture are amazing! I hope to have you photograph my family soon.

your girl, britt said...

I was searching your blog and watching the Lillian slideshow for the 100th time. I think I have shown it to EVERYONE! Anyway...came across this blog post. Did you ever announce the winner of the October contest - Holiday Mini Session?

Anonymous said...

YES, a variant good