Thursday, January 22, 2009

Spencer Turns Two!

A little over a year ago, this girl that worked with my sister said she liked my pictures and wondered if I could come take pics at her son's first birthday party. It was to be my first "official" shoot for somebody I didn't know. Unfortunately the day before the party, I got soooooo sick and the day of the party I was even worse - high fever, body aches, chills, "stomach issues"..it was bad. So my sister had to take my camera and do what she could. I was so bummed I couldn't be there, but she did awesome. Here's a collage I put together of some of the pics...

Spencerbdaycollagesmaller

In April, I took pics of Spencer at Hugh Macrae Park...

present

This summer...I took some of the whole family...

robbins_beach_session-22

And this fall....a little penguin stopped by for pics...

spencer-7

And now a couple weeks ago...I was invited to Spencer's 2nd birthday party. I am so blessed to do what I do and to get to meet the people I do. I didn't even know Jessica and her beautiful family a year ago and now she is a dear friend - love you Jessica!

So here's some pics from the birthday party. It was held at the same place as last year - it was fun for me to see since I only saw pics! She had Mr Mark, the music man come and sing songs for the kids. It was absolutely adorable. The kids danced, helped by playing their instruments and sang along on some of the songs. He is really awesome with the kids and his prices are really reasonable for birthday parties and other events...check out his web site here.

spencer_2nd_bday-26 spencer_2nd_bday-33 spencer_2nd_bday-49 spencer_2nd_bday-54

spencer_2nd_bday-59 spencer_2nd_bday-66 spencer_2nd_bday-75

 

Since most of the kids there were about 3 and under, their attention spans weren't too long. So Mr Mark played for about 20 minutes or so and then gave the kids a break to go out and play. It was such a beautiful day that he ended up playing the second half of the show outside. The best of both worlds - the music and the playground!

Here's my cutie pie nephew Edwin....spencer_2nd_bday-76

The "big boys" had to play on the toys too!spencer_2nd_bday-80 spencer_2nd_bday-84 spencer_2nd_bday-89 spencer_2nd_bday-90 spencer_2nd_bday-91

One of the songs was about eating your vegetables and he had all these cute little props to go with it..super cute!

spencer_2nd_bday-95 spencer_2nd_bday-98 spencer_2nd_bday-101 spencer_2nd_bday-109 spencer_2nd_bday-112 spencer_2nd_bday-118

After the music, it was back inside for cake and ice cream and presents!spencer_2nd_bday-130 spencer_2nd_bday-137 spencer_2nd_bday-142 spencer_2nd_bday-160 spencer_2nd_bday-168

Edwin wanted to go back out on the playground so I got this cute pic of him and my sis in the window of one of the "play houses."spencer_2nd_bday-176

Before I left I got a couple of family pics for them...spencer_2nd_bday-180 spencer_2nd_bday-181 spencer_2nd_bday-182 spencer_2nd_bday-185

Thanks guys for a fun party! I look forward to next year!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

this just warms my heart! We are so grateful to have you document our sweet boy grow up and capture special memories. Thank you for being you. LOVE, Jessica, Allen, and Spencer

Jenny | The Balow Bunch said...

Happy b-day, Spencer. The ones of him on the swing are super cute.

Pappy Dave said...

KJ you continue to amaze me with your talent for telling stories with pictures

Diana said...

Yay for Spencer!!! We had so much fun at both birthday parties :) Can't wait to see what the "future" holds!!