Saturday, August 30, 2008

The Spurlock Family

Hello!!! I am alive and well, just been buried under lots and lots of edits and really fun family sessions. I'm sorry to leave all my blog readers with nothing to read over the past couple of weeks, but I am back with lots of sessions to share. First up is the Spurlock family.

Just a little background on how I got hired to shoot this fantastic family...  I belong to a couple of forums online for photographers and one other photographer was looking for somebody to take family pictures for her at the beach when they were all going to be on vacation in NC. The cool thing is...she and her husband and 2 kids are in Germany where her husband is stationed in the Army. They flew to NC and met up with her husband's Mom and 2 sisters and their families for a week at the beach. Their session was a lot of fun and here are a few of my favorites....

Spurlock family...it was great to meet you and I hope we can do this again next year!!

Also, don't forget that I'm still having a comment contest on my blog, so be sure to leave one :) Since I was a bit of a blog slacker this month, I'm going to extend the contest until September 14th - winner will be announced on the 15th!

whole-family 2

3

4

5

spurlock-17

spurlock-18

spurlock-31

spurlock-47

spurlock-54

9 comments:

Kelly S. said...

Katie! They are wonderful, thank you so much, I know we were a tough group ;)
I can't wait to see all of them! Enjoy your weekend and I will be talking with you soon.

Kelly S. said...

ps- My brother in law is Army and My husband and mother in law are Air Force, so you can just call us a military family!

Jenny | The Balow Bunch said...

You're back! The one with the siloettes is really cool.

Diana said...

Welcome back to blog world!! I absolutely love this session...there are so many different poses...not just the standard "family at the beach" picture. Awesome job!!

Anonymous said...

i love the third one with the siloetees of the mom and baby in the air.. very different view point.. I love it!!! :) great job..

Anonymous said...

i love the third one with the siloetees of the mom and baby in the air.. very different view point.. I love it!!! :) great job.. lesley

Anonymous said...

You photographs are amazing! You have a way of capturing the moment.

Candy
CandyS1623@yahoo.com

valentina9 said...

Katie~

These pictures are fabulous and I just had to tell you the one of the baby alone with the sun from behind is adorable! You don't have to enter me in your comment contest, just wanted to comment on the amazing photos! Glad to know you're doing ok too, I sent an email a while back and didn't hear from you so I am glad you are safe.

Gigi said...

Great pictures!! I like whatever you did to the last picture, makes it look classic. Cool.